MY NEW BLOG: The Ciudadista: Life in the City

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Best Movies I've Seen Last Year (2004)

The Day After Tomorrow
The best disaster sci-fi movie I've seen so far and has a positive lesson for caring for the environment.

13 Going on 30
It is a sweet and funny story about growing up.

Imelda
A good look inside the life and mind of an infamous woman in Philippine (or even world) history. The documentary proved to me that Imelda Marcos is a real basket case.

The Manchurian Candidate
Meryl Streep's acting blew me away.

Fahrenheit 9/11
It makes you think of the motives and real cost on the war in Iraq.

Hellboy
Of all the comic books to movie crossovers this is the best one to date.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
This is the best Harry Potter movie adaptation I've seen so far. (I do not read the Harry Potter books.)