MY NEW BLOG: The Ciudadista: Life in the City

Saturday, August 21, 2004

other B5 quotes

"It has occurred to me recently that I have never chosen anything. I was born into a role that had been prepared for me. I did everything I was asked to do, because it never occurred to me to choose otherwise. And now, at the end of my life, I wonder what might've been."

"That's why my father taught me to live each second as though it would be the last moment of my life. He said: 'If you love, love without reservation. If you fight, fight without fear.' He called it the way of the warrior."

"No regrets then?"

"A few. But just a few. You?"

"Oh, enough to fill a lifetime. So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what, I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to seize that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference, as you say. And I intend to do just that."


-Captain John Sheridan (Played by: Bruce Boxleitner) and the Centauri Emperor (Played by: Turhan Bey)
-Babylon 5 Episode 209: "The Coming of Shadows"
Source: Babylon 5 Quotes: The Coming of Shadows

"No dictator... no invader... can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand."
-Citizen G'Kar (Played by Andreas Katsulas)
-Babylon 5 Episode 222: "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Source: Babylon 5 Quotes: The Long, Twilight Struggle